Throughout my legal career, I have practiced general corporate and commercial law. My capabilities in this area of practice are augmented by my Master of Business Administration degree and my public accounting/management consulting career prior to and during my attending law school. Since starting this firm in 2016, I have specialized in representing small, closely held businesses, typically ranging in size from $250,000 to $2mm in annual revenues. The largest transaction I have handled was the sale of a business valued at $26mm.
My experience includes the purchase and sale of LLCs, business corporations, professional corporations, professional restricted companies, and virtually all legal matters relating thereto, including complex vendor contracts, licensing agreements, intellectual property matters, as well as capital raising events and general corporate counseling, in a wide variety of industries. My recent experience includes the following representative matters:
- Representing the interests of a partnership of entrepreneurs in the development of a web-based platform providing services in multiple states, including its sale to a private equity firm.
- Serving as lead counsel in the stock sale of a regional, professional services firm to a national, publicly traded company.
- Representing an international lobbying firm in the purchase of assets of a wholly owned subsidiary of a publicly held company headquartered in Europe.
- Serving as legal counsel to a key executive in the negotiation of an employment agreement with the purchaser of his manufacturing company employer, including compensation, benefits, restrictive covenants, and stock options.
- Representing an engineering design firm in the negotiation and execution of various stock option and stock purchase agreements involving start-up and early-stage companies.
- Serving as lead counsel in the negotiation of the exit by a franchisee from national franchisor through an asset sale to a third party.
- Representing a diversified accounting/management consulting firm in various corporate and commercial matters.
- Serving as counsel to the new entity formed by the statutory merger of Pennsylvania limited liability companies.
- Representing an early-stage eCommerce platform in the formation and development of joint ventures with qualified entrepreneurs.
- Serving as general counsel to a joint venture limited liability company, including the purchase and sale of membership interests, complex vendor contracts and related commercial disputes.